Monday, April 11, 2011

Not so dumb

Fame, seems to me, a funny thing. Once upon a time, it seemed to be something that 'better' people obtained. Now, it can be obtained by practically anyone. But, not long lasting fame. Long lasting fame is a different kettle of fish.

But you know what I've noticed these days with actual famous 'celebrities?' They all seem to want to be like us. They seem to want to be considered, 'just normal folks.' Why is that? Isn't that why you seek fame in the first place, because you don't want to be like 'normal folks?'

I don't want my celebrities to be like me. I get enough of me every day. I want my celebrities to be larger than life. I want them to be something that us normal folks want to aspire to. I don't care about all the Big Brothers and the Idols and the ludicrous sex tape bimbos. I want my celebrities to be 'better.' Better than me. Better looking, richer, funnier, more talented. I need my celebrities to look down on me with disdain.

Because why have celebrity if you're going to be like everyone else?

This goes double for politicians. I don't want to vote for a politician you could have a drink with. I don't want a politician who's 'just like me.' I don't have a fucking clue how to run a country. Why would I vote for a schmo like me? I want someone who knows what they're doing; who's prepared to run me down because I'm in the way of them accomplishing something important. Something that will benefit the country and, in turn, benefit me. I want to vote for someone who knows what the fuck they're doing. I don't want to vote for someone who wants to be considered 'just like the working man.' The working man doesn't know jack.

Come on celebrities, it's time to lift your game. Time to be proud of being different; of being better.

Time to not be me.

3 comments:

The Unbearable Banishment said...

I could handle immense wealth but I will pass on celebrity. It looks like a bum deal, to me. I like my freedom. The WORST thing: being a celebrity who isn't doing well. Who needs the whole world to know that you're flat on your ass? Feh.

And I wholeheartedly AGREE on your political take. George Bush was a "regular" guy and look how that worked out. I want people who are a lot smarter than me to run the show. Do you guys know who Sarah Palin is? A "regular" mom who was almost Vice President. A "regular" idiot! The kind of person who would swerve into your lane and cut you off while talking on her cell phone.

Eric said...

When I was like 16 or something, I read an interview in Playboy with the Miami Vice guys. They said fame without fortune is a bit#*. So, I've focused my efforts on just fortune. You know, because I live by the teachings of Don Johnson, and Playboy Magazine.

tennysoneehemingway said...

UB: yeah, I agree on the whole, 'has-been celebrity.' Who'd want to be Tony Danza these days? And yes, we know who Sarah Palin is. I mean, you're America, we know more about YOUR politicians than we do about our OWN. Trouble, I can actually see Sarah Palin becoming President, thanks to the Tea Party nutjobs. THEN we'll see some REAL trouble.

Eric: come on, who DOESN'T live by the teachings of Don Johnson? And Playboy.