Tuesday, April 17, 2012

People I have met

So, I've left my job and the job I did a great interview for didn't pan out. Oh well. I've signed up for a temp agency and have had a couple of days work out of that and I'm also going to be filling in at my old job for a few weeks until the new girl can start. So, I guess all things considered, I'm not doing too bad.


Funny thing happened at the temp agency though; I went in there yesterday to hand in my time sheet and the guy who took it, I used to work with at the restaurant. We got to chatting and he asked whether I'd be interested in a Sales/Admin/Warehouse job. It's pretty much around the corner from where I live - a short bike ride at the most - and it's supposedly a very cruisy, no stress position. He did say it was full time, which I told him I wasn't interested in but then he said the hours were 7-3, which is the sort of hours I've been looking for for quite a while now. He's going to put my name forward and we'll see what happens from there.


Just goes to show, be friendly with everyone you work with coz you never know who might be able to do you a favour one day.

2 comments:

The Unbearable Banishment said...

See how that works. It's a small planet, especially when it comes to the temping/consulting parts of it. I know from experience. And never burn your bridges. That's a rookie mistake.

Gorilla Bananas said...

Looks like the job market isn't too bad in Oz. And 7-3 are great hours if you can get used to getting up early.